Meet our Founders:
Mike Matheny had a 13 year major league career in which he won 4 Gold Gloves as a catcher. His nickname “The Toughest Man in Baseball” describes him perfectly. Mike is a father of five and on November 14, 2011 was introduced as the new Manager for the St. Louis Cardinals. Mike founded the TPX Warriors to create teams that focus on character development first and baseball second.
Download: The Matheny Manifesto
John Mabry had a 14 year major leaguer career with 8 different teams. He played 6 different positions during his career and was the last Cardinal to hit for the cycle. John is the father of 4. In December 2011, John was named the Assistant Hitting Coach for the St. Louis Cardinals.
TPX Warrior Values:
The coaches and parents of the TPX Warriors subscribe to a set of core values that have a bearing on everything we do as a baseball club.
TPX Warrior Methods
|Baseball||•Consistent & Uniform Baseball Philosophy
|•Differentiate Practice Methods
•Cross-Age Skill Training
TPX Warrior Non-Negotiables:
- A baseball experience focused on the boys.
- Baseball played the right way…with class.
- Attitude, Concentration, and Effort (A.C.E.) as factors the boys can control along with excellence as a requirement in these areas.
- Biblical truths as the moral compass for how things are to be done.
- A culture of respect from players, parents, and coaches in all areas.
- The parent’s role is to be a silent source of support.
- Players take the responsibility to make themselves better.
- The mental aspect of the game will be emphasized and the boys will be challenged in this area.